Friday 22 August 2014

Nacho Burgers (by Biggs)

I was charging through the city this week getting through a list of chores when two words on a sign caught my eye:

"Nacho Burgers"

Immediately I thought it was a great idea for a Tuesday. Then I decided it was a bit of a stretch for Tortilla Tuesday.....and also Tuesday was too far away for me wait to eat a Nacho Burger. I didn't exactly know what a Nacho Burger was but the research involved to find out was an absolute pleasure. I came across this guy who had some splendid things to say about them complete with photos....and a beard. 

I think G was a little disappointed with my recent half-arsed-avocado-dip-instead-of-guacamole effort so I thought I'd try a little harder tonight. I mashed a couple of avocados with some red onion, coriander, chilies and lime and it tasted quite excellent. While that was resting I fried off some patties and opened a jar of salsa. 

Next came the complex architectural feat of piling up corn chips and cheese to create a little gooey crunch for the burger. All went accordingly if not a little giant. 

Pile all these things into a bun and you've got yourself a nacho burger. Perfect for this rainy, sleepy, Friday night with a beer in hand. Genius. 

3 comments:

G said...

I got more of this Nacho Burger up my nose than in my beard - happily I managed to get the majority of it into my mouth. It was unusual and delicious which are the two most important attributes for food.

dan said...

Nice work looks great!

dan said...

I particularly like the rim of burnt cheese around the nachos. So tasty!