Monday 27 January 2014

Chicken BLT (by Biggs)

For Christmas Nancy got me a German grain bread mix and today I finally got around to baking some. It didn't go well. I think I added too much water so the dough was quite sticky and didn't ever really seem to cook through however long I left it in the oven.

The only thing I could think to make for dinner that featured bread was a BLT. So, bacon was fried, tomato was sliced and a packet of rocket was opened. I also fried up some chicken breast to bulk out dinner. I tried to toast up the bread as much as it would.

For flavour I served it with some peri peri hot sauce and some avocado mashed with lemon, salt and pepper. Even though we already own a number of different chili sauces I specifically wanted a peri peri flavour. It was hot.

1 comment:

G said...

I think the bread came up pretty well when toasted - I didn't see it before-hand.

Dinner was an excellent combination of flavours. I'm not a huge fan of rocket but it worked well with all the other ingredients. The avocado was an especially nice touch.