Sunday 16 June 2013

Calzone (by G)

I had meant to make my favorite childhood meal (Jane's Pizza Roll) but I could not find the book with the recipe and somehow went astray. Instead of processed salami I used pepperoni, I forgot to use spring onions and added rocket because I had it... the bread casing also turned out not as expected.  With all this the result was unequivocally not Jane's Pizza Roll.  The mix of pepperoni, rocket, mozzarella  green and black olives and tomato paste was pretty tasty though.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

Yeah, this wasn't Jane's Pizza Roll and Jane's Pizza Roll is pretty fantastic but this was tasty. The shape of these calzones and the taste of the bread is spookily an exact replica of these Turkish Pides I used to buy for lunch sometimes from a kebab shop on Boundary Street which doesn't exist anymore.

Meanwhile, there doesn't seem to be any reference to Jane's Pizza Roll on the whole internet....disconcerting.